sábado, novembro 25, 2006

Discursos para mais tarde recordar

"Human cultures can be vastly different. Yet the human heart desires the same good things, everywhere on earth. In our desire to be safe from brutal and bullying oppression, human beings are the same. For these fundamental reasons, freedom and democracy will always and everywhere have greater appeal than the slogans of hatred and the tactics of terror."
-- George W. Bush, American Enterprise Institute, 26 de Fev. 2003

"I based a lot of my foreign policy decisions on some things I think are true. One, I believe that there’s an Almighty, and secondly, I believe one of the great gifts of the Almighty is the desire in everybody’s soul, regardless of what you look like or where you live, to be free. I believe liberty is universal. I believe people want to be free. And I know that democracies do not war with each other. And I know that the best way to defeat the enemy, the best way to defeat their ability to exploit hopelessness and despair is to give people a chance to live in a free society.
-- George W. Bush, Irvine, Califórnia 24 de Abril 2003

Conservadorismo ou Ortodoxia Cristã??
Eu aposto na segunda.